Poker terms refer to the terminology which is used while playing Poker, the game of cards. Perhaps the three terms which are used most frequently in the game of poker are:
• River: At the end of the dealing of fourth card when a round of betting takes place and the last card has to be dealt it is called the River.
• Flop: After the dealing of two cards which are face down, a round of betting takes place and the dealing of three of the community cards is held in the centre of the poker table. Flop is a reference made to these three cards in poker.
• Turn: The fourth card which is dealt followed by the Flop amid the 3 community cards is known as Turn in the context of Texas Holdem poker.
Terms pertaining to poker at the poker table are-
• All-in: This term is in fact self explanatory. In a hand or poker when a player happens to put all of his chips on bet or some other player lays a wager on each and every one chip of your then you are said to be All-in.
• Chase or Chaser: This happens when any player either calls or he bets on a draw or happens to chase his card which is hand-making. Though all poker players will naturally do this while they are playing, there are a few others who are more obvious and they chase whilst they should not stay in that poker hand by any means. Players such as these are called the Chasers.
• Outdraw: This term is used for players that set off all in the game of poker with their best hand. So, they use all their chips on having to lay a wager at the time of betting with their best hand and then when another player calls their bet and ends up drawing a better hand on them they are said to have been Outdrawn.
• Gut-shot: When a player gets straight to the inside then it is called a gut-shot. For example if the player has 45 in his hand and 782 is displayed on the board 782, then he requires a 6 to for making his straight.
Apart from these poker terms there are many others like check which are used for instance while chatting in online poker like: BRB or be right back, NH which stands for nice hand, VN for very nice and so on.
Filed under:The Poker Game